Ovens Advice Centre
Whether your oven won’t turn on or doesn’t have adequate ventilation, with Hoover’s oven Advice Centre you’ll be surprised about how easy it is to fix many of the common problems.
Browse through the following possible scenarios and click the most appropriate link for your current issue.
- Where are the model and serial numbers?
Inside the door
Open the door of your product, the rating plate sticker should be visible on the door edge. The information usually required by our customer service team are the model number which is 8 digits long (beginning with a 3), and the serial number which is 16 digits long.
- Can I remove the oven door glass?
- Installation tips for ovens
- My grill element does not glow
- My new oven smells & has smoke coming out of it
1st time maintenance
- Before you use an oven for the first time wipe over the external surfaces with a damp cloth. Wash all accessories, pans, trays and shelves with a solution of hot water and washing up liquid. Set the oven to the maximum temperature and leave for 1 hour, this will remove any lingering smells of newness. Ensure the room is well ventilated while this is being done.
New machine smell
- This can be normal for a new product because during manufacture some of the bonding agents used may need burning off. However, to alleviate the smell switch the oven on to a high setting for 1 hour, ensure the room is well ventilated.
- Typical cooking symbols
- My oven will not work
- The oven burns my food
- There is a fan running even though I have switched the oven off
- What does Multi-functional Oven mean?
- What is the difference between fan and fan-assisted ovens?
- A fan oven heats up by blowing hot air to all parts of the oven. The heat source is the element that surrounds the fan. Hot air is produced as soon as the fan is switched on, so food starts cooking at once which reduces overall cooking times. Also, because the fan transfers the heat more efficiently to the food, cooking temperatures can be lower than those in a conventional oven.
- A fan assisted oven circulates the heat generated by the top and bottom elements. The time it takes to reach full temperature is the same as for conventional ovens, so cooking times are not reduced. But the temperature can be reduced.
- What is a grill reflector?
To book a domestic appliance repair,
please call the Hoover Service
department on 08444 995 599
or book an appointment online