Finished Goods Buyer
A full time position has arisen within the Commercial Marketing department for a Finished Goods Buyer reporting to the Marketing Director UK/Procurement Manager Italy.
Based in Reading, Baumatic is a member of the Hoover Group. A boutique and dynamic player in the domestic appliance industry, currently in a phase of growth, we are looking to appoint a Finished Good Buyer.
The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the Baumatic brand’s finished goods worldwide purchasing.
Assessing market and industry conditions, owning best negotiations of cost, quality and service levels.
Following trends and progressing range architecture with the commercial team.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties;
- Identify and manage the right suppliers based on the products to be purchased
- Define and negotiate general conditions of supply based on cost, quality and service level
- Verification and management of the suppliers reliability
- Purchase budget control in terms of variance
- Establishment of a correct partnership with the suppliers
- Establishment of a good cooperation with the team (marketing, quality and R&D) in order to guarantee a coordination of all the steps of development and of corrective actions
- Continuous scouting of new suppliers and alternatives
- Be proactive in solutions (products and processes)
The following skills are required;
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in product management or direct procurement roles.
- Ability in priorities definition and management
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese not critical but an advantage
- I.T. literate (Office, Email, Internet)
- Ability to work is part of an international team
- Knowledge of factory management and structures an advantage
- Ability in commercial negotiations
- Moral and professional integrity
- Frequent European and Asia travel
Salary: up to £28,000.00 p.a. depending on experience.
If you would like to join our friendly and exciting team and you feel that you have the energy, enthusiasm and determination to succeed in this challenging role then please send your full CV to:
Teresa Warburton, Human Resources, Hoover Candy, Breightmet Industrial Estate, Bury Rd, Breightmet, Bolton, Lancs, BL2 6PU or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org